Monday 24 November 2008

Squash and Kale

You might have noticed a few recipes involving squash...
 
if anyone has a way of cutting into squash that doesn't involve hitting it with a Chinese chopper on a  tiled floor, please let me know! I've tried them all - the big meat knives, little veg knives, the bread knives and none of them work. I have resorted to sticking the chopper in it, and then banging the whole lot on the floor...I'm sure there's got to be a better way!
 
Anyway...on with the recipe:
 
1/4 Turks turban squash
good handful Curly Kale
Veg oxo cube
Salt and pepper to taste
 
Cut the squash into cubes and cook. For the last 5 minutes or so, throw in the oxo cube and the kale. let the kale wilt more than cook.
 
Put the veg into a blender and blend. It makes a great greeny colour soup - reminds me of the pea soup used in the Exorcist! Add water from the cooking as needed, and add salt and pepper to taste.
 
I think I'm going to give it a go again tomorrow using the last of the Turks turban (thankfully!) and some more kale, with some garlic and chilli to give it a flavoursome kick!
 
 

No comments: